Whether you’re a culinary artiste, or a complete kitchen-dodger (like *ahem* some of us here at Sassy!), one of the best things about living in Hong Kong is the easy availability of foodie goodies from around the world. But what about those times when you can’t be bothered to schlep it to the supermarket to do your shopping, or are too tired to man handle all those carrier bags back home? Well, we’ve come up with our guide to the best food delivery websites in Hong Kong – the stores that we think offer both quality and convenience when it comes to stocking our cupboards and filling those hungry tummies come dinnertime.
Sassy’s mealtime motto: there’s always a shortcut… and there’s always room for dessert!
Golden Goose Gourmet is basically your favourite gourmet deli, but online! Run by James Fortier, (former General Manager of Morton’s Steak House at the Venetian Macau), there’s obviously wonderful meats and fresh fish, including luxury items such as foie gras, but also prepared foods, herbs and spices, sauces, vinegars and other hard-to-find bits and bobs. We love their scrummy bakery selection, including gluten-free products and their freshly prepared pizza dough for a bit of DIY Italian foodie fun.
Order online any time, pay securely with your credit card and your goodies are delivered for free to your door for orders of $600 or more. Everything is guaranteed fresh, and there’s a sweet 10% discount on offer when you sign up to Golden Goose’s mailing list!
www.goldengoosegourmet.com, 2372 0981
- We all know that most of the big supermarkets here will deliver big in-store purchases to your home (which certainly comes in handy for stocking up the wine cupboard!), but which ones offer actual online shopping and delivery?
Alas, HK still has a way to go compared to the web services offered by supermarkets in other countries, but Park N Shop, Wellcome and Marketplace by Jason’s do all have online shopping available… even if navigating the sites is almost as confusing as weaving the aisles in the stores themselves! If you’re doing a big shop for the week or stocking up for a party, these are probably your best bet – selling a good range of everything (essentials, fresh food, frozen goods, snacks, drinks… the list is endless) from familiar brands.
Delivery: Free delivery on orders above $500 ($30 otherwise). See their individual websites for full deets on which outlying islands they deliver to and whether any surcharges apply.
MEAT & SEAFOOD
- If you are in the market for a huge ham for your fam (and who isn’t at one stage or another?!), Meatmarket is the place to call. Choose from a huge range of uncooked or cooked; smoked or unsmoked; bone in or boneless Australian and Canadian hams as well as a great quality selection of hormone free, free range, and halal imported poultry options.
Delivery: Free delivery to your home or office from Monday to Saturday. Same day delivery is available for Hong Kong and Kowloon orders (Monday to Friday only), and next day delivery for all other locations.
www.meatmarket.hk, 8135 1394
- Bargain US steaks and even a loyalty club are on offer at Good Chow. On a mission to bring steak munching culture to the ‘Kong, these guys have a great selection of imported beef, along with a few very quaffable bottles of vino to pair with your dinner.
Delivery: Free delivery for orders of $500 or more, with a $50 surcharge for orders below $500. Currently delivering to 95% of Hong Kong, contact them to check whether your location is on the list. Orders are usually delivered within 2-3 days, although an ‘Express’ option is available if you’ve just remembered that you’ve invited 12 people for a BBQ tonight! Really last-minute? Pick up from their premises at Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon.
www.goodchow.hk, 3998 4082
- For super-fresh Aussie and Norwegian imported meat and seafood, as well as a great deli range and organic vegetables at wholesale prices, check out Pacific Gourmet.
Delivery: Delivery times vary – check out the detailed delivery page for all the info. Minimum spend for free delivery is $500 on HK Island and $1000 elsewhere.
www.pacificgourmet.com.hk, 2137 9985
- The Porterhouse delivers the kind of steaks that you could cut with a spoon and plenty of top quality butchery, dairy and store cupboard items besides. If you’re going to be manning the grill at your next BBQ, check out their selection!
Delivery: Order by 10pm the night before for next day delivery. There’s free delivery to Hong Kong and Kowloon if you spend $500 or more, otherwise a $100 delivery charge applies. Discovery Bay and Tung Chung deliveries are sadly not available, but Porterhouse can deliver to any office address in Central.
www.porterhouse.com.hk, 2554 3765
- South Stream Seafoods specialise in jet-fresh imported fish and shellfish, all safely produced and minimally packaged to offer the most sustainable possible alternative to store-bought fish. But there’s more here than the catch of the day – the meat selection is great, and we also love the range of scrumptious and indulgent puddings like treacle, sticky toffee, ginger and orange and the adults-only rich fruit with scotch whisky. Mmm!
Delivery: Minimum order is $300, and there’s free delivery on offer for orders of $500 or above to most locations. There’s a $45 charge for all orders under $500.
www.south-stream-seafoods.com, 2555 6200
- If you’re craving a good chunk of venison, or missing a really authentic terrine, Tenderloin Fine Foods can help you with all your posh nosh needs. Most exciting of all? Caviar delivery. Sassy’s blinis will never be the same again!
Delivery: Place your order 1 working day in advance. Cut-off time for receiving orders is 3pm from Monday to Friday, and 12.30pm on Saturday. Free delivery to Hong Kong Island on purchases over $600 ($30 otherwise), and to Kowloon and New Territories on purchases over $800 ($50 otherwise). Minimum order amount for Discovery Bay is $800 and with an extra $50 delivery charge regardless of total spend.
www.tenderloin.com.hk, 2877 2733
- Meat, meat and more meat! Hing Lung Palace has got your meat needs covered with every cut of beef, lamb, pork and chicken imaginable – and if you’re after something they don’t have in stock, try giving them a call to see if they can specially order it for you. They’re also particularly good for picking up packs of meat perfect for DIY hotpot evenings. Shabu shabu!
Delivery: Free delivery for orders over $500 on Hong Kong Island and Kowloon ($50 otherwise), and free delivery on orders over $800 across the New Territories and Tung Chung ($100 otherwise).
www.meat.com.hk/english, 2541 5072
FRUIT & VEG
- Homegrown Foods recently merged with Bon Vivant Organics to offer a bigger and better range of yummy fresh – and local – produce delivered to your door. What’s not to love? We love their weekly newsletter packed with organic cooking recipes, tips, and updates from Homegrown’s selected farms. Select individual vegetables, or choose a basket plan for regular delivery.
Delivery: Free delivery to Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, New Territories, Discovery Bay, Ma Wan and Tung Chung for orders of $338 or more. Delivery is available for orders below $338 with $100 delivery fee.
www.homegrownfoods.com.hk, 2671 2771
- The good folk at Providence are all about community farming, working with small-scale farms in the mountains of Jiangxi to provide organically grown, single-source veggies, delivered to your door. If you have doubts about buying Chinese veg, check out their site for a full explanation of the safety analyses that their farms have undergone to gain international organic certification.
Delivery: Free delivery takes place on Monday or Tuesday, and there is an $80 surcharge to Discovery Bay
www.providence.hk, 2816 7377
- For some Aussie imports that are far healthier than Tim Tams, Tasmania Fresh delivers the finest veggies from the land down under, and has pick-your own or pre-selected veg bags on offer. There’s also a selection of Tassie wines, water and a few other store cupboard items.
Delivery: See the website for all delivery options.
www.tasmaniafresh.com, 8135 1394
- Foodie alert! Gourmet Online is the web equivalent of Great or Oliver’s, with loads of premium international brands and luxury products available. We spy deluxe Prestat chocolates, black truffle butter, Iberico ham, Dutch mini donuts and far too many other temptations to mention!
Delivery: Free on orders over $600, $50 otherwise. Parts of outlying islands may be subject to a surcharge.
www.gourmet.com.hk, 3678 0700
- Olive Tree Hong Kong is your quick fix for the smells and flavours of the Mediterranean – extra virgin olive oil from the olive orchards of Kalamata, amber coloured dessert wines from the Aegean islands, honey collected from Crete — all products that have been naturally produced by small, family-run businesses which use recipes and methods that have been passed on through the generations from time immemorial. Check out our full scoop here.
Delivery: $50 to Hong Kong Island, $100 to Kowloon and Clearwater Bay, or you can pick up for free from Repulse Bay (email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info)
- Craving some Italian and Mediterranean gourmet delights? Check out Sud Delight, who stock an exclusive range of products directly imported from Europe and which we can’t wait to fill up our pantry with! We’re talking scrummy Sicilian seasonings and sauces, over twenty different kinds of paté and lip-smacking speciality jams.
Delivery: Sud Delight deliver to Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and the New Territories but not to any outlying islands. Free delivery for purchases over $800 between 10am-6pm on Mondays, Wednesday and Friday. For orders under $800, a delivery charge of $80 shall apply. For night deliveries between 6-10pm, delivery charges of 150 apply.
www.suddelight.com, 5189 4780
- Bringing the taste of Italy to Hong Kong, Il Bel Paese also offers online shopping in addition to their six deli gourmet stores around town. You can pick up cheese, pasta, sauces and condiments, cured meats, coffee, fresh fruit and veg and much more on their website. You never know, with Bel Paese’s help we might be able to cook up some food ‘just like mama used to make’ after all!
Delivery: Delivery is free on purchases over $500 to Hong Kong Island ($50 otherwise) or $800 to Kowloon, Discovery Bay or Tung Chung ($100 otherwise). Delivery to New Territories and Tseung Kwan O costs between $150-450 depending on order amount, with no delivery to outlying islands.
www.ilbelpaese.com.hk, 2868 1300
- We’ve covered Italian and Mediterranean gourmet delights… but how about French goodies? Head to Monsieur Chatte to get your Francais fill with the likes of foie gras, cheese, saucisson, charcuterie, chocolate, biscuits and jams – all hand-picked and imported directed from France. Bon appetit!
Delivery: Free delivery on orders over $1500. For orders below this amount, it’s $200 for Hong Kong Island & Kowloon and $240 for the New Territories. Sorry, girls – no delivery to the Outlying Islands either.
www.monsieurchatte.com/main, 3105 8077
- We’re loving the look of new kids on the delivery block, Anything But Salads. Ok, so a few salads do sneak in there, but there’s also a great range of yummy sounding raw snacks, healthy mains and low-cal desserts on offer. Lemon Tofu Yoghurt Cake or Raw Carrot Cake by the slice? Yes please!
Delivery: All orders above $300 within Hong Kong or by local pick-up are free ($50 otherwise).
www.anythingbutsalads.com, 6743 5000
- If you fancy stepping out of the shackles of your kitchen entirely, an Eat Right meal delivery programme could be for you. Nutritionally balanced, organic meals are delivered to your door twice a day – all you have to do is eat!
Delivery: Call Martin on 6197 5820 or email email@example.com to get more info
www.eatright.com.hk/our_concept, 6197 5820
- Want organic and gluten-free goodies direct to your door? Check out our Gluten-Free Guide to Hong Kong – many of the shops listed, including O2H, Little Giant, Welspring and Health Essential, have online stores that offer delivery services. Our newest discovery is Kinoa, another organic and eco-friendly online grocery store where you’ll find everything from bread yeast to vitamins.
Delivery: Delivery is by HK Post so varies in cost depending on weight, or alternatively pick up in Central each Friday. Discovery Bay residents get free delivery on orders of $500 or more ($20 otherwise).
www.kinoa-shop.com, 9409 5190
- Delish fresh meals delivered to your door with foolproof cooking instructions – it’s no wonder that Secret Ingredient are a Sassy fave (see our review here) Check out their website whenever you need to rustle up a restaurant quality meal at short notice; for a quick easy and totally tasty dinner, they’re a no-brainer!
Delivery: Secret Ingredient delivers to Central, Soho, Mid-levels, Sheung Wan, Sai Ying Pun, Admiralty, Wan Chai, Causeway Bay, Happy Valley, Pok Fu Lam, Kennedy Town, Fortress Hill, North Point and Quarry Bay (Sassy tip: if you live in Southside, Kowloon or the New Territories, get it delivered to your – or your other half’s – office!). Free delivery on orders over $400 ($25 otherwise). No deliveries on Saturday.
www.secretingredient.com.hk, 2108 4000
- In need of a pre-Easter egg detox? The Genie Concept is a total cleanse based on yummy juices and… nothing else! Sounds hardcore? Check out Emma’s review here for the full lowdown. Frankly, if it gets us sleeker thighs, Sassy is in!
Delivery: Free local delivery within Hong Kong or pick up from their store in Sheung Wan.
www.thegenieconcept.com, 2803 0369
- It can be hard enough to find Indian groceries anywhere in Hong Kong, let alone online – but we’ve struck gold with Spice Store. Their virtual shelves are stuffed with hard-to-find spices, herbs and sauces, plus lentils and grains, frozen meals and Indian snacks and drinks. Forget the ready mixes… Now there’s no excuse not to get cooking up your own curries!
Delivery: Delivery is free on orders above $300 ($30 otherwise); Discovery Bay addresses must pay an extra $120 and Ma Wan addresses an extra $40 tunnel fee.
www.spicestore.hk, 2944 2336
- Tai Tai Pie Pies are our go-to pie guys! We’re big fans of Chef RJ’s homemade recipes, with hearty savouries like Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom always hitting the spot… but make sure you leave room for dessert (Drunken Apple Pie, anyone?!). There’s a reason his Pecan Pie always sells out come Thanksgiving!
Delivery: All pies are made to order so allow at least 2 days from your order for delivery. See their menu here for minimum order requirements for free delivery.
www.taitaipiepies.com, 2413 8877
- A cupcake delivery service, how fabulous is that!? Sprinkles Cupcakes may have closed their physical store, yet they still deliver (yippee!). They make ‘minis’, the perfect size for relieving any dessert guilt pangs, whilst their cupcakes are all made from organic flour and all natural ingredients: no hydrogenated oils, lard, vegetable shortening or corn syrup. Only real butter, syrup, and high quality Valhorona chocolate here. Nom nom.
Delivery: Free delivery to Hong Kong Island – they will only deliver big orders (think significantly more than a dozen – great if you have an office experiencing severe cupcake cravings!); see the minimum order requirements for each area and extra delivery charges here and call or email for more info.
www.gogourmetdelivers.com, 2517 7077